Sunday 20 September 2015

King's Bounty - The Legend


Since I've read the preview for this game on some magazines I new I had to have it.

It took me some years (the game was released back in 2008 and I only got it this year) to get it. Well, not because I was afraid of the game or that I couldn't find it, it was just that when it came out it was tagged as around 60€ which was like a big no-no. So after all this years I bought it for some 15€. Which is better than nothign.


If you love old school RPGs and RTSs like those played in a isometric view you'll love this!

The thing is that the game mixes RPGs components with Turn-Based Strategy games. Which, for me, is like, if well done, like Heaven.



You start the game choosing between the normal 3 types of characters in a RPG game: Warrior, Paladin and Mage.

Each type has a specific character avatar, but you can chose the house emblem like your family arms. But besides that you chose nothing more and proceed to training where you learn some skills and how to use them.

Then you go and talk to the king and start making errands like a normal RPG.

The battles are like in the Turn-Based Strategy where you have hexagons to move, and each battle character has limited moves and arm range as well as specific skills and magic.



The interface is quite intuitive and easy to learn. You can do almost everything with the mouse.

The graphics are quite beautiful and you kind of lose yourself in the details.

Here's the wiki page.

No comments:

Post a Comment